DoctorsHangout.com

A Professional Networking Site for Doctors & Medical Students Worldwide

MY LOVELY MESSAGE ON THIS VALENTINES DAY

Hi everyone .. now I am writing on the most important and precious gift on earth
Yes.. as you all know it is “LOVE”
But I am not saying about the love that is based on physical relationships… But this is something more important than all the all these

Love is something beautiful, a desire ,a feeling that one would like to catch
Love is the feeling that makes you feel alive , love is something that may never go away.
But friends, unless you love yourself…how can you love others ? isn’t it?
Yes. The most important relationship you will ever have is the one you have with yourself.

We all often think

"There is something wrong with me. I’m really messed up."
"I’m bad."
"It’s all my fault."
"I’m incompetent. I don’t know what I’m doing."
"I’m not (good, smart, attractive, rich, etc.) enough."
"I should have (fill in the blank)."
"I’m not as (good, smart, attractive, successful, etc.) as that person."
"I’ll never get that job."
"I’ll never be able to do this. I don’t have what it takes."
At a deeper level, you might hear:
"I don’t deserve to be happy. I don’t deserve to be loved. I don’t deserve to have what I want."
"I deserve to be punished. I don’t deserve to be forgiven."
Lack of self love can also get projected out as:
"That person doesn’t like me. No one likes me."

Until you learn how to love yourself, this is how you cripple yourself so that you can’t move forward or go after the things you want.

So, go ahead. Love yourself. Be good to yourself. Treat yourself well. Replenish yourself. You will discover that, the more you love yourself, the more you will be able to give love to others - and the more others will want to be around you and give back to you. This is a win-win situation. Loving yourself will ultimately benefit the lives of others you encounter, as well as your own life.

You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy

“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.

Buddha

My message is:

Thank you for reading.

Comments are welcome

Views: 472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Friendship is the most beautiful word . One may even lose love at some point of time in life, but a true friend will be by your side forever. Happy Valentines day

nice......... :)

That is a nice message.

Buddha's saying is a real surprise for me. So real.

Only a loving person – one who is already loving – can find the right partner.

This is my observation: if you are unhappy you will find somebody who is unhappy. Unhappy people are attracted towards unhappy people. And it is good, it is natural. It is good that the unhappy people are not attracted towards happy people; otherwise they would destroy their happiness. It is perfectly okay.

Only happy people are attracted towards happy people.
Ordinarily the need is to be loved by somebody. It is a wrong need. The need to be loved is childish, immature. The need to love is mature. is a childish need; you are not mature. It is a child’s attitude. 
If you don’t even love yourself  how can you love somebody else? Love yourself, be good to yourself.

- OSHO

Muhammad has a valid point. It is comparable to, how a learned one has to teach and a guide an ignorant one. Very well put. The ignorant and innocent have to be taught and guided by example.

That is indeed a good point.

nice post....to really enjoy our life, first we need to love ourselves and then the world loves us!!

to be happy with ourselves and our actions...facing the adversary, and  hurdles in life confidently..

helping in our self -esteem...

encouraging and supportive, Happy Valentine day to us in this real meaning of love

keep penning :)  

Your message of "I love me" is much more of a NARCISSISTIC(self love) or HISTRIONIC(over-dramatization). That is actually a characteristic of a PERSONALITY DISORDER referred to in the DSM IV - TR. 

While you are right about loving self and knowing your worth and value, but that is actually your foundation upon which you are able to relate with other people. 

Avanianban sir, I dont have hallucination, illusion or hemispatial neglect ( EXAMPLES OF PERCEPTUAL DISORDER). I did not even say the article is bad. No one can give the real definition of love. It is a subjective feeling with grounding on human experiences.

My comment can add some more caos to the subjective feeling called "Love". When "I" becomes more important it leads to ego and that point Madam Toni would want to put forward. But according to me "Love" in true sense dissolves ego and it does not matter than,  it is love for oneself or for someone else.

The 2nd sentence of my previous reply - "While you are right about loving self and knowing your worth and value, but that is actually your foundation upon which you are able to relate with other people. "

adaa!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Medical Images

Medical Videos

• Add Medical Videos

NEJM Jobs

© 2014   Doctors Hangout | About DH

Contact US  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service