DoctorsHangout.com

A Professional Networking Site for Doctors & Medical Students Worldwide

I received one email from my friend. Her mother is diagnosed with Breast cancer. Surgery is over and they recommend Chemo followed by radiation. Now the patient is fine, and there is no findings of metastasis. Her family members are little worried about after effects of chemo and radiotherapy. May be due to the side effects they observed in some cases, especially in advanced cases. As per the information, there was unilateral lesion which was diagnosed early, and removed surgically.  Please give your valuable opinion.

Views: 432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The same knowlege i was sharing with dr rafeeque at normal patients level so that he can share this to patient
All information provided by him was indicating may metastasize or may h2n gene + or may follicular so i was assuring to him to go by doctors opinion who is carring all process ( like onchologist )
My aim was to ensure him and not to tell him all oncology ( as he is doc too he might be knowing all or he might collect it easily)

Thanks for the comments.

I don't have much of an idea in this field but I would like to say that the information contained in this thread is very valuable and would prove to be very helpful for many. I hope more and more doctors add their valuable comments here.

yes, it was useful indeed.

The same knowlege i was sharing with dr rafeeque at normal patients level so that he can share this to patient
All information provided by him was indicating may metastasize or may h2n gene + or may follicular so i was assuring to him to go by doctors opinion who is carring all process ( like onchologist )
My aim was to ensure him and not to tell him all oncology ( as he is doc too he might be knowing all or he might collect it easily)

Thanks.

breast carcinoma is a systemic disease treatment depend on size,type of surgery,histological diagnosis,grade,PR,ER,HER2status and comorbidities so total information is needed

Thanks for the information.

RSS

Photos

• Add Medical Images

Medical Videos

• Add Medical Videos

NEJM Jobs

© 2014   Doctors Hangout | About DH

Contact US  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service